Solving Homelessness with Build for Zero
No example is perfect, but there are always things we can learn from other changemakers across the country. Here are some things we can learn from this example:
• Great example of future pacing at the beginning.
• Great example of reframing the dominant narrative - in this case they navigate around the idea that homelessness is intractable and unsolvable.
• Lifts up the need to fix antiquated and inequitable systems rather than individuals or groups of people.
• Makes strong calls to collective responsibility and/or collective investment in the future they are building together.
• Focuses on solutions rather than problems, especially with their data.
• Describes solutions in ways that make them seem manageable, achievable and/or beneficial to everyone in the community.