No example is perfect, but there are always things we can learn from other changemakers across the country. Here are some things we can learn from this example:
• Shows an array of potential allies in the stories, pictures, and data they use to describe their work.
• Makes strong calls to collective responsibility and/or collective investment in the future they are building together.
• Lifts up the need to share power to achieve our goals.
• They convey their values in ways that will resonate with a broad coalition.
• They tell a larger story of us across jurisdictions and regions to convey the strength of their collaboration and support.
• They stayed focused on the solutions of the challenge they are addressing, keeping the conversation about the system in need of fixing and the collective strengths needed to solve it.
• Their call to action is clear, actionable, and inspirational.